Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So. Much. Stress.

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't post this earlier today.

I want to talk about stress (well, not really, but who ever does?)! Guys, stress is a very natural part of life that we all experience as we get older. The unhealthy part of stress is how we choose to deal with it. Some people deal with it by drinking or having sex. Some of us (mainly me) smoke until our lungs resemble a chimney. While I am the poster child for stressing way too much, I have found some great ways to manage it.

Firstly, DON'T OVER THINK ANYTHING! As my gorgeous boyfriend states: "over thinking does nothing to get it done, does nothing to fix the issue. Once you are able to pull yourself out emotionally, you are able to think logically and find a solution." (If you want to read more of Zach's writing, click this link --->more amazing blogging)

Secondly, find something to help you assemble your thoughts. Start a blog, pick up crochet or the ukulele, start doing yoga. Find a happy place for just you that no one can take away. Let this be a little place where you can think logically and let the worries melt away.

Thirdly, find a solution. This ties into the previous blog posts. If something is stressing you out, it's time to make a change. Again, think about it logically. For example, yeah I would love to take Intro to Creative Writing this semester. I'd also like to get at least a little sleep (it's at 8 am). What did I do? I dropped the class. I can take it next semester.

Fourthly (and finally), believe in yourself. If you think you're going to fail, then guess what sunshine? You will fail. But if you believe in your ability to make it though whatever it is stressing you out, then you will absolutely succeed.

Again, sorry it took so long and sorry it was so short. Needless to say it was a busy, busy day and I don't foresee the busy to cease.

Still, I am unchanging and most fondly yours,

-Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment